Our Unity training courses are taught by motion graphics expert, Angie Taylor – a motion graphic designer, author and illustrator with 25 years industry experience.
All courses are taught on a 1-2-1 basis. We can accommodate groups of two people. We can also provide remote training via Adobe connect.
We provide Unity fundamentals training course as well as custom courses in Unity. Our courses cover using Unity as a creative tool.
Below are some examples of the topics we can cover in your course:
Getting comfortable in Unity
- An overview of the Unity interface
- Making use of task focussed workspaces
- Customising the application preferences
- Project settings you need to know about
- Creating settings for creating VR ready projects
- Useful, advanced project settings
- Navigating the Unity world
- Overview of the Project panel
- Overview of the Hirearchy panel
- Overview of the Inspector panel
- Scene View
- Game View
- Lighting Settings
- The Toolbar
Importing Assets into Unity
- Supported asset types in Unity
- Working with 3D files in Unity
- Working with Images and Textures in Unity
- Importing or creating Movies into Unity
Creating Assets in Unity
- Creating a Scene
- Creating primitive objects
- Getting to know Prefabs
- Working with ProBuilder
- Creating Terrains
- Adding Particles to your Scene
- Overview of the Unity Timeline
- Adding animatable properties to the timeline
- Adding Keyframes
- Animation Clips
- Animation Controllers
- Adding video effects
- Creating Skyboxes
- Global Illumination
- Adding Depth
- Fog, atmosphere and lighting
- Ambient Occlusion
- Color treatments
Creating VR projects in Unity
- Working with Steam VR
- Working with VRTK
- Adding Tiltbrush and Google Blocks assets with Poly Toolkit
2 day course
You can rest assured that your instructor is highly qualified for all classes taught at Creative Cabin.
Angie is a lecturer at the Univeristy of Brighton and has taught children at several colleges, schools and universities.
Throw any question at Angie and she'll know the answer!
Angie has worked with Adobe since the early 1990's and is one of their Adobe Community Professionals. She was employed by Adobe’s as Senior Demo Artist for their video products. Angie regularly toured the world, speaking at trade shows and conferences on behalf of Adobe and other companies, such as Apple, Microsoft, Maxon.
Angie is a published author with five books on motion graphic design. She also has several video training courses. These are available on LinkedIn Learning & Lynda.com. Angie also has several tutorials featured on Adobe TV.
In 2014 Angie moved to the south coast to set up her own private art school – Creative Cabin. At the cabin, Angie provides one-to-one bespoke training in several creative software applications.
If you cant get to Creative Cabin that's no problem. Angie can offer you onsite training. She also offers remote training via Adobe Connect.
This will give Angie an indication of the level of After Effects training you require. She will customise the course to fit your own personal needs.
Evaluation form example